sun 7 jun 2020 10:00
Composers: Ludwig van Beethoven | Myra Hess
Episode 164. Part 3 in a series dedicated to Beethoven’s Piano Sonatas. This episode is dedicated to his last two sonatas; Sonate in C minor, otherwise known as Pathétique, opus 13 and his final Sonata in C minor no. 32 opus 111.
Performed by pianists Emil Gilels, Dame Myra Hess, Sviatoslav Richter, Murray Perahia, Solomon Cutner and Edwin Fischer. We’ll compare their different versions.
- Bach Intro Partita no. 2 performed by Murray Perahia
- Beethoven Pathétique sonate opus 13. Beginning performed by Emil Gilels
- Beethoven Pathétique sonate opus 13. Beginning performed by Sviatoslav Richter
- Beethoven Pathétique sonate opus 13. Full piece performed by Edwin Fischer
- Beethoven sonata opus 111 in C minor performed by Solomon Cutner
- Beethoven Bagatelle opus 126 in E flat major performed by Dame Myra Hess
Compiled by: Geoffrey Madge http://www.geoffreymadge.com
Technique: Marco Wensveen
If you wish to respond to our programme, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This episode will be broadcast again next thursday June 20 from 11.00 – 12.00 ‘o clock.Produced & presented by: