Opera in the 20th century
The history of twentieth century opera. 2002B.
2002: Modernisme comes back to reaching for the past. And often times this is the case; however, in 2002 there were also those who decided to start with a clean slate and do their own thing.
In this episode fragments from:
- Steve Reich- Three Tales: Dolly
- Rodian Shchedrin (see picture)- The Enchanted Wanderer (Очарованный странник)
Other opera’s and operetta’s from 2002 are:
- Philip Glass- Galileo Galilei
- Moya Henderson- Lindy
- Paul Grabowsky- Love in the Age of Therapy
- Nicholas Maw- Sophie’s Choice
- Tan Dun- Tea: A Mirror of Soul
- Lam Bun-Ching- Wenji: Eighteen Songs of a Nomad Flute
- Salvatore Sciarrino- MacBeth