Opera in the 20th century
The history of twentieth century opera. 2004A.
2004: A post-war generation of composers starts to take over the wheel. This leads to an interesting theme, a return to the past, sometimes bizarre twists and modern line-ups.
In this episode fragments from:
- Brian Ferneyhough- Shadow Time
- Thomas Adès- The Tempest
Other opera en operetta productions from 2004 are:
- Jake Heggie- The end of the affair
- Harrison Birtwistle- The Io passion
- John Haddock- Madeline Lee
- Matthew King- On London Fields
- Daniel Catán- Salsipuedes: a Tale of Love, War and Anchovies
- William Bolcom- A Wedding
- Lee Hoiby- Romeo and Juliet
- Salvatore- Sciarrino- Lohengrin 2. Disegno per un giardino sonoro
- Jin Xiang- Yang Guifei