Roaming the Baroque
Music from the 17th and 18th century. Music by Henry Purcell.
Henry Purcell (1659-1695)
1. Incidental music for Don Quixote.
Emma Kirkby, soprano. James Bowman, countertenor. Rogers Covey-Crump, tenor. Martyn Hill, tenor. Paul Elliott, tenor. David Thomas, bass. The Academy of Ancient Music and Taverner Choir conducted by Christopher Hogwood
(Decca 475 529-2, 2004)
2. Scarce had the rising sun appeared
3. Who but a slave can well express
4. High on a throne of glittering ore
5. Incassum Lesbia, incassum rogas
Susan Gritton, soprano. The King’s Consort