Composers: Biosphere | Brad Mehldau | Hakobune | Max Richter | Nobuto Suda
A musical sequel.
Aflevering 148: Howling in the city of night
We leave Max Richter’s Sleep with a particularly quiet part from this 8 hour work. Hakobune and Nobuto Suda bring us to Biosphere. On the album The Senja Recordings he works with field recordings made on the island Senja in the north of Norway.
Brad Mehldau built the album Finding Gabriel by mixing his piano with synthesizers and voice, in a way we haven’t heard from him before. This episode ends with two pieces from this new album.
0. Sensenta Intro #4
1. Max Richter – Path 17 / Space 26
2. Hakobune & Nobuto Suda – Northern Hill
3. Biosphere – Bjorvika/Berg/Kyle/Fjølhøgget
4. Brad Mehldau – Deep Water
5. Brad Mehldau – St Mark is Howling in the City of Night
Max Richter: Sleep, 2015, Deutsche Grammophon
Hakobune & Nobuto Suda: Garden of Ghosts, 2016, Organic Industries
Biosphere: The Senjaa Recordings, 2019, Biophon
Brad Mehldau: Finding Gabriel, 2019, Nonesuch