Music by 20th-century composers.
Béla Bartók XXII.
Bartók is considered one of the greatest Hungarian composers along with Franz Liszt. Besides having been one of the key figures in classical music of the last century, he was also important for Hungarian folk music. We will be playing his music every Wednesday here at the Concertzender.
– Béla Bartók. Violin duo no. 42. Angela and Jennifer Chun, violin.
– Bartók. Dance suite. Toronto Symphony Orchestra conducted by Jukka-Pekka Saraste.
– Ahmet Adnan Saygun. Suite, op. 14. Deutsche Staatsphilharmonie Rheinland-Pfalz conducted by Ari Rasilainen.
– Bartók. String Quartet no. 2: ‘2. Allegro molto capriccioso’. Belcea Quartet.
– Gustav Holst. Beni Mora Suite. Royal Scottish National Orchestra conducted by David Lloyd-Jones.