Music for Leisure.
Last week and this week we have recordings of the EuroChoir 2017 with a registration of their concert on 7 July 2017 in the Waalse Kerk in Amsterdam. The EuroChoir takes place every year in a different location in Europa. Young singers of high level work together on an ambitious programme for a whole week, which is conducted by two conductors. The EuroChoir is a concept of the ‘European Choral Association Europa Cantat’. For 15 years EuroChoirs have been organised throughout Europa, each year in a different European city. Today we will hear the second part of the concert, which is conducted by Maria van Nieukerken; and the second part of Upcoming talent of the Trombone classes of the conservatories in Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
1. Trad. Arr. Moses Hogan – Plenty Good Room
2. Thomas Jennefelt – Villarosa Sarialdi
3. Rudi Tas (1957) – Nulla vita sine musica
4. Knut Nystedt (1915-2014) – Sancta Maria
5. Eric Whitacre (1970) – Sleep
6. György Orbán – Deamon irrepit callidus
7. Trad. Arr. Rathbone – Joshua fought the battle of Jericho
EuroChoir conducted by Maria van Nieukerken
Concertzender recording Waalse Kerk, Amsterdam 7 July 2017.
Technique: Joost Kist
8. Anton Bruckner / arr. R. Malmström – Ecce sacerdos magnus
9. Astor Piazzolla – Oblivion
10. Rayburn Wright – Stardust for the chief
Trombone class Conservatory of Amsterdam
11. Richard Wagner / arr. Gordon Cherry – Elsa’s procession to the Cathedral
Trombone classes: Codarts Rotterdam, Royal Conservatory The Hague and Conservatory of Amsterdam
Concertzender recording De Doelen, Rotterdam 29 March 2013
Technique: Cees Sterrenburg