In the 25th episode of Space Exposure, a special episode about the Ninja Tune label. With, amongst other things, an interview with label boss Peter Quicke.
Recently, program maker and presenter Roel Janssen visited the headquarters of the progressive British independent label. He spoke to label manager Peter Quicke, who has led the label for 24 years. Ninja Tune was founded in 1990 by Matt Black and Jonathan More of Coldcut.
With Peter, we discuss highlights, sublabels, best selling records, future goals, and Dutch releases by Martyn and Jameszoo. All the while, we listen to Ninja Tune-music from past en present. Including artists from sublabels as well as acts that used to publish on Ninja Tune but no longer do so.
1. Hexstatic – Communication Break-Down
Rewind. Ninja Tune. 2000.
2. Hieroglyphic Being – The Way Of The Tree Of Life
The Disco’s Of Imhotep. Technicolour. 2016.
3. The Herbaliser feat. Roots Manuva – Lord Lord
Take London. Ninja Tune. 2005.
4. The Invisible – Utopia (Instrumental Edit)
Ninja Tune Publishing & Synch Sampler Vol. 18. Ninja Tune. 2013.
5. Teebs – Shoouss Lullaby
Estara. Brainfeeder. 2014.
6. King Geedorah – Fazers
Take Me To Your Leader. Big Dada. 2003.
7. Jameszoo – Flake
Fool. Brainfeeder. 2016.
8. Martyn – Bauplan
Ghost People. Brainfeeder. 2011.
9. Coldcut – Atomic Moog 2000 (Post Nuclear Afterlife Lounge Mix)
Let Us Play!. Ninja Tune. 1997.
10. Actress – Voodoo Posse Chronic Illusion
Ninja Tune Publishing & Synch Sampler Vol. 21: Best Of 2013. Ninja Tune Licensing Sampler. Werkdiscs. 2013.
11. Super Numeri – The Chart
The Welcome Table. Ninja Tune. 2005.
12. Fakear – Silver ft. Rae Morris (Bakradze Remix) (5,5)