Roaming The Baroque
Music from the 17th and 18th century. Works of Henry Purcell.
Henry Purcell (1659-1695)
1. Theatre music from Bonduca
Emma Kirkby and Judith Nelson, soprano. James Bowman, counter tenor. Robert Hill, bass.
The Academy of Ancient Music under the direction of Christopher Hogwood
(Decca 475529-2, 2004)
2. Draw near, you lovers
3. What hope for us remains?
4. Pastora’s beauties when unblown
5. A thousand several ways I tried
6. Urge me no more
Barbara Bonney en Susan Gritton, soprano. Rogers Covey-Crump, tenor. The King’s Consort under the direction of Robert King
7. Fantazia No. 5 in B-flat Major, Z 736
8. Fantazia No. 8 in D minor Z 739
9. Fantazia No. 4 in G minor Z 735
The Rose Consort of Viols
(Naxos 8.553957, 1997)
10. An Evening Hymn
Michael Chance, counter tenor. Nigel North, theorbo
(Brilliant 92137, 1993)Produced by: