Photo: Ernst van Deursen.
Tatiana Koleva, born in Varna, Bulgaria, played as soloist with different ensembles and orchestras. She also makes her own projects and shows. She has set duos with jazz saxophonist Rutger van Otterloo, flutist Eleonore Pameijer and organist Jan Hage. She is asked regularly for cross-over projects with music theater, jazz, dance and film music. Tatiana is a member of the cult band Rubatong.
She played on a large number of international music festivals and stages and gave master classes in many European countries, the United States, Japan, Canada, Jordan, Brazil and Mexico. About 100 pieces have already been composed especially for her solo and ensemble projects.
As percussion / marimba teacher she is permanently attached to the Prins Claus Conservatory in Groningen.
In 2009 she founded the ‘Youth Percussion Pool’, a percussion formation under her lead for talented young musicians. She is also artistic leader of the festival “Amsterdam Marimba Weekend”.
At the end of 2017, her new CD ‘Songs for Marimba’ was released in the series ‘Ladder of Escape’ / Attacca records.
– Jacob ter Veldhuis: Barracuda Septet played by Tatiana Koleva & Youth Percussion Pool (Edwin van der Wolf, Simon Haakmeester, Coen Dijkstra, Pieter Mark Kamminga). Special guests Mihaly Kaszas, timpani; Joeke Hoekstra, percussion. Special guests: Mihaly Kaszas, timpani. Joeke Hoekstra, percussion
– Dmitri Shostakovich: part 1 and 2 of the 8th string quartet
– Leonard Bernstein: Symphonic Dances of West Side Story
– Joni Mitchell: The Dry Cleaner from des Moines
– Tatiana Koleva: Way Home
– David Dramm: Nacho
– Aretha Franklin: unforgettable
– Rubatong: nothing like today
Produced & presented by: