Opera in the 20th century
The history of twentieth century opera.
2002: Modernism often includes referring to the past. Something that surely happens. Others like to start with a completely clean slate and go their own way in 2002.
In this episode parts from:
- Salvatore Sciarrino (photo) – MacBeth
- Steve Reich – Three Tales: Hindenburg – Bikini
Other opera and light opera productions from 2002 are:
- Philip Glass – Galileo Galilei
- Moya Henderson – Lindy
- Paul Grabowsky – Love in the Age of Therapy
- Nicholas Maw – Sophie’s Choice
- Tan Dun – Tea: A Mirror of Soul
- Lam Bun-Ching – Wenji: Eighteen Songs of a Nomad Flute
- Rodian Sjtsjedrin – De betoverde zwerver (Очарованный странник)