Episode 163. Part 2 in a series dedicated to Beethoven’s last four piano sonatas.
In this episode we’ll take a look at Beethoven’s last two piano sonatas; Sonata in E major Opus 109 and Sonata in A flat major Opus 110. They are performed by pianists Dame Myra Hess, Wilhelm Kempff and Edwin Fischer. We’ll compare their different versions.
1. Sonata No. 30 in E major Opus 109. Beethoven.
Just the beginning performed by Myra Hess.
2. Sonata No. 30 in E major Opus 109. Beethoven.
Just the beginning performed by Wilhelm Kempff.
3. Sonata No. 30 in E major Opus. Beethoven.
The complete sonata performed by Myra Hess.
4. Sonata in A flat major Opus 110. Beethoven.
The complete sonata performed by Edwin Fischer, recorded in 1938.
5. Sonata in G major Opus 79.
Performed by Myra Hess, recorded in the fifties.
This episode will be broadcast again next thursday June 20 from 11.00 – 12.00 ‘o clock.Produced & presented by: