fri 17 jul 2020 11:00
A tribute to the deceased Ennio Morricone and Nikolai Kapustin.
- Prologue and After the Battle, carried out by the Accademia Musicale Italiano and trumpeter Nello Salza, conducted by Ennio Morricone.
- Cinema Paradiso, from which three works: First Youth, Love Theme and the Cinema Paradiso Theme, played by the Mancini Pops Orchestra, led by Henry Mancini.
- If, a song from the movie Cinema Paradise, sang by Jonathan Antoine.
- “The Man with the Harmonica”, carried out by 12 cellists from the Berliner Philharmoniker.
- “Gabriel’s Hobo” from the movie the Mission, executed by Ensemble Conspirare.
- “The Man with the Harmonica” and “For love one can die” by string trio Triology.
- From the soundtrack of the movie The Unbeatables now The Ballad of Hank McCain. The orchestra is conducted by the maestro himself, Ennio Morricone.
- “The Ecstasy of Gold” in an arrangement for wind ensemble. The orchestra The Midwest Winds is conducted by Peter Kleine Schaars.
- Ennio Morricone has also written chamber music. Listen to “Distanze”.
- “Gott mit uns” from the movie: A l’aube de cinquième jour, by the Metropole Orkest led by Dick Bakker.
- Fromt he movie Novecento the song “Romanza”, also by the Metropole Orkest and led by Dick Bakker.
- .Sonates no.1 opus 39 and no.2 opus 54 by Nikolai Kapustin. Steven Osborne is the pianist on this recording.
- Evelina Vorontsova played in a live recording from 2002 3 preludes in Jazz style by Nikolai Kapustin, opus 53 the songs 9, 12 en 17.
- A prelude in Jazz style, opus 53 no.3 by Nikolai Kapustin by pianist Steven Osborne.