The Last Century
Music by 20th-century composers.
Bela Bartok XXV.
Along with Franz Liszt, Bartók is one of the greatest Hungarian composers. He was one of the key figures in classical music of the last century, but has also been important for Hungarian folk music. His music can be heard at the Concertzender every first Wednesday of the month.
– Béla Bartók. Violin duo no. 44: Transylvanian dance. Angela en Jennifer Chun, violin.
– Bartók. Six Romanian Folk Dances. Stuttgarter Kammerorchester conducted by Dennis Russell Davies.
– Romanian Folk Song: Joc cu bata. Muzsikás. Márta Sebestyén, singing.
– Bartók. Cantata profana. Atlanta Symphony Orchestra & Chorus conducted by Robert Shaw.
– Bartók. Violin duo no. 32: Dance from Maramureş. Mihály Sipos and Alexander Balanescu, violin.
– Folk Dances from Maramureş. Muzsikás.
– Bartók. Hungarian drafts. Chicago Symphony Orchestra conducted by Fritz Reiner.
– Folk Dances from Timiş. MuzsikásProduced by: