The Last Century
Music by 20th-century composers.
Charles Koechlin #2.
On today’s broadcast of The Last Century, a follow-up to the broadcast of March 16. We focus on French composer Charles Koechlin, who composed a fairly extensive oeuvre in his own particular style. Unfortunately, only part of his oeuvre has been recorded so far.
We will hear a number of orchestral works and symphonic poems.
1. Charles Koechlin; Poèmes symphoniques, op.43, no.1-2 ; Vers la plage lointaine
2. Charles Koechlin; Chant funèbre à la mémoire des jeunes femmes défuntes, op. 37
3. Charles Koechlin; La Méditation de Purun Bhagat, op. 159
4. Charles Koechlin; Etudes Antiques, no’s 2, 3 en 4, op. 46
5. Charles Koechlin; Poeme d’Automne no 1; Declin d’amour