Concerts from around the country, recorded by Concertzender. This two hour broadcast of Concertzender Live Classical is once again dedicated to chamber music. We present an extremely varied programme featuring music from the classical period, recorded in 2016 and 2017 at the Walloon Church in Amsterdam.
When you compare Mozart’s brilliant chamber music to the music of his contemporaries, such as the Chevalier Saint-Georges, the Portuguese Bontempo, or the Swedish Johann Martin Kraus, they probably won’t fare too well. Of course, the same does not apply to fellow classical masters Haydn and Beethoven. We will hear two folk songs for soprano and piano trio by the great Haydn, which he wrote during his visit to England, featuring Francien van der Heijden as a soloist. The final piece of this broadcast is by Beethoven. We will hear his piano trio, also known as the Geistertrio. You will be treated to a combination of musicians from the illustrious Dutch ensemble The Van Swieten Society, playing old instruments.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – String Quartet in D minor, KV421
- Juan Crisostomo Arriaga – String Quartet in A major: Allegro con brio
- Joseph Myslivicek – String Quartet in E-flat: Andante
- Johann Martin Kraus – Piano trio in D major: Ghiribizzo
- Chevalier de Saint-George – String Quartet op.1 no.4: Allegro moderato en Rondeau
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart –Piano trio in E-flat, KV542
- Joao Domingos Bontempo – Piano trio in E-flat: Scherzo
- Francesco Geminiani – Variations onThe Country Lasse
- Joseph Haydn – Two Scottish Songs: The Sheperd’s Wife and Bonny wee thing
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Piano trio op.70 no.1 Geistertrio
Francien van der Heijden, soprano, The Van Swieten SocietyProduced by: