An Early Evening Stroll
The other side of bel canto composers – Gaetano Donizetti 1
This is the second of a short series of programmes on the other side of bel canto composers. Vincenzo Bellini, Gaetano Donizetti and Gioacchino Rossini have become and remained famous mainly for their operas. However, they composed more music, some more than others. This second episode is dedicated to Gaetano Donizetti’s youthful works.
- Gaetano Donizetti: Sonata in E major and ‘La solita suonata’. Larissa Kondratjewa & Reinhard Schmiedel, piano
- Gaetano Donizetti: Study in C major for clarinet. Vincenzo Mariozzi, clarinet
- Gaetano Donizetti: 4 Notturni per fiati e archi. Orchestra da Camera di Santa Cecilia conducted by Alessio Vlad
- Gaetano Donizetti: String quartet no. 9 in D minor (editing for string orchestra). Orchestre d’Auvergne conducted by Jean-Jacques Kantorow
- Gaetano Donizetti: Sinfonia no. 2 in D major. Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale della RAI conducted by Diego Dini Ciacci