Bach & Co
Podcast about Bach, episode 24. This week the episodes of the Concertzender radio programme ‘Bach ad Infinitum’ are dedicated to the Early Music Festival, edition 2021. In this podcast Irene Stolp talks about the programme of this edition. Irene is coordinator Early Music at Concertzender, and in that capacity also editor-in-chief of ‘Bach ad Infinitum’.
We are also continuing with ‘Bach on Tour’, our follow-up story about the wanderings of Johann Sebastian Bach, as chronicled in Govert Jan Bach’s Great Atlas of Bach. We have arrived in Köthen.
Next episode will be published on 30 August 2021.
Music pieces from:
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685–1750)
0. Tune Bach & Co
From sonata for violin and harpsichord no. 4 in C minor, BWV 1017: Siciliano (Largo)
Janine Jansen & Friends
1. Praeludium und Fuge in E minor, BWV 533
Dorien Schouten, organ. Nederlandse Bachvereniging
2. Concerto for violin and strings, BWV 1052r (Adagio-Allegro)
Eva Saladin, violin. Ensemble Odyssee
3. From Cello Suite no. 4 in E-flat major, BWV 1010: Courante
Rachel Podger, violin
(cd Bach The Cello Suites Arranged For Violin)
4. From “Amore Traditore” BWV 203: II. Voglio Provar
Klaus Mertens, bass. Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra conducted by Ton Koopman
(cd Bach Cantatas, Vol. 2)
5. From Violin Partitas no. 2 in D minor, BWV 1004: V. Chaconne
Bob van der Ent, violin
(cd Sonatas And Partitas For Violin Solo)