Composer of the Month
Compiled by our Classical Music desk.
In April, the Composer of the Month is the Russian composer Mikhail Glinka (1804-1857).
- Variations on a theme by Mozart (1822).
Marielle Nordmann, harp.
- Three fugues for organ (1834).
Alexander Fiseisky, organ.
- Viola sonata in D minor (1825/28).
Yuri Bashmet, viola. Mikhail Muntain, piano.
- Two songs: a. Elégie. b. I recall a wonderful moment.
Boris Christoff, bass. Gaston Marchesini, cello. Alexander Labinsky, piano.
5. Finally, the third act of the opera ‘Ivan Susanin’ (1834/37).
The RAI in Milan’s Solists, Choir & Orchestra conducted by Alfredo Simonetto.