Composer of the Month
Compiled by our Classical Music desk.
This month, the American composer Aaron Copland (1900-1990).
1. Piano Trio ‘Vitebsk’ (1925), study on a Jewish theme.
Adam Summerhayes, violin. Joseph Spooner, cello. Catherine Summerhayes, piano.
2. As it fell upon a day (1923).
Jayne West, soprano. Fenwick Smith, flute. Thomas Hill, clarinet.
3. Vocalise for flute and piano (1972).
Fenwick Smith, fluit. Randall Hotgkinson, piano.
4. Threnodies 1 & 2 (1971/73).
Fenwick Smith, flute. Boston Chamber Music Society.
5. Latin American Sketches 1 to 3 (1971).
New Philharmonia Orchestra conducted by Aaron Copland.
6. Motets 1 to 4 (1921).
Polyphony conducted by Stephen Layton.
Special thanks to:Produced by: