wed 21 jul 2021 14:00
Composers: Dick Bakker | Ennio Morricone | Henry Mancini | Nikolai Kapustin | Peter Kleine Schaars
Tribute to the late composers Ennio Morricone and Nikolai Kapustin.
Summary Programme Information
- “Prologue” and “After the Battle”, performed by the Accademia Musicale Italiano, trumpeter Nello Salza conducted by Ennio Morricone.
- Three works from Cinema Paradiso: First Youth, Love Theme and the Cinema Paradiso Theme, played by the Mancini Pops Orchestra conducted by Henry Mancini.
- “If”, a song from the movie Cinema Paradise, sung by Jonathan Antoine.
- “The Man with the Harmonica”, performed by 12 cellists from the Berliner Philharmoniker.
- “Gabriel’s Hobo” from the movie the Mission, performed by Ensemble Conspirare.
- “The Man with the Harmonica” and “For love one can die” by string trio Triology.
- From the soundtrack of the movie The Unbeatables now “The Ballad of Hank McCain”. The orchestra is conducted by the maestro himself, Ennio Morricone.
- “The Ecstasy of Gold” in an arrangement for wind ensemble. The orchestra The Midwest Winds is conducted by Peter Kleine Schaars.
- Ennio Morricone also wrote chamber music. Listen to “Distanze”.
- “Gott mit uns” from the movie: A l’aube de cinquième jour, by the Metropolitan Orchestra conducted by Dick Bakker.
- From the movie Novecento the song “Romanza” als by the Metropolitan Orchestra conducted by Dick Bakker.
- Sonatas no.1 opus 39 and no.2 opus 54 from Nikolai Kapustin. Steven Osborne is the pianist on this recording.
- Evelina Vorontsova plays 3 preludes in Jazz style in the style of Nikolai Kapustin on a live recording from 2002. Opus 53 the songs 9, 12 en 17.
- a prelude in Jazz style, opus 53 no.3 from Nikolai Kapustin by pianist Steven Osborne.