Especially in the summer, there is a lot of attention for LHBTi emancipation in the Netherlands these days. Pink Saturdays, Pride festivals: celebrating that you can be who you are and can love who you want. Something that should be self-evident but still is not. In Harmonious, we will be performing works by composers who have openly admitted to loving people of the same sex.
- Leonard Bernstein. Glitter and be gay from Candide. Dawn Upshaw, soprano with orchestra conducted by Eric Stern.
- Ethel Smyth. The March of the Women. Soloists and the Plymouth Festival Chorus & Orchestra, conducted by Philip Brunel.
- Francis Poulenc. Sonata for flute and piano. Emer McDonough, flute and Mark Bebbington, piano.
- Benjamin Britten. Suite voor orkest op.90 “on English Folk Tunes: A time there was…” Nicholas Daniel, althobo. De Britten Sinfonia olv. James MacMillan.
- Meredith Monk. Biography. Meredith Monk en Colin Walcott.
- John Cage. Dream 1948. Alexei Lubimov, piano and Natalia Pschenitschnikova, vocals.