JazzNotJazz focus on Gerald Cleaver
Drummer Gerald Cleaver is one of the big names in the modern jazz scene. He was born in Detroit and has been working in New York for years, where he is a part of groups such as the trio of pianist Craig Taborn or Chris Lightcap’s Bigmouth. Cleaver was and is bandleader of a multitude of his own projects such as the trio Farmers By Nature or the projects Detroit or Veil Of Names.
His universal style of playing allows him to easily switch between experimental improvisation, straight ahead jazz and groove related modern jazz.
1. Nine South – Chris Lightcap’s Bigmouth (Epicenter, 2015)
2. What We Talk About When We Talk About Love – Giovanni Guidi, Gianluca Petrella, Louis Sclavis, Gerald Cleaver (Ida Lupino, 2016)
3. Chinese Radio – Gerald Cleaver Veil Of Names (Adjust, 2000)
4. Beat The Ground – Craig Taborn Trio (Chants, 2013)
5. Dorham – Gerald Cleaver (Detroit, 2008)
6. Mr. Yin & Mr. Yan – Lotte Anker, Craig Taborn, Gerald Cleaver (Triptych, 2005)
7. Skydive – Adam Rogers & David Binney (R&B, 2015)
8. Cohesion – Matthew Shipp (Equilibrium, 2003)
9. Korteh Khah – Farmers By Nature – Gerald Cleaver, William Parker en Craig Taborn (Farmers By Nature, 2009)
10. Pacifico – Chris Lightcap Quartet (Bigmouth, 2002)
11. All Tomorrow’s Parties – Chris Lightcap’s Bigmouth (Epicenter, 2015)