Long Live Beethoven!
In 2020 it will be 250 years since Ludwig van Beethoven was born. The Concertzender will tackle this with the ambitious plan to have all works broadcast at least once during the year. Every week from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 11 am, Beethoven takes center stage!
By way of introduction, you can listen to a conversation on the idea behind this project between Pauline Verburg and Aukelien van Hoytema.
1. Theme and first variation on a march by Dressler
2. Prelude opus 39 no 1 for organ
3. Selbstgespräch WoO 114
Dietrich Henschel-baritone; Michael Schäfer-piano.
4. Rondo in B flat WoO 6
Pierre-Laurent Aimard; Chamber Orchestra of Europe led by Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
5. Adagio cantabile from String Quartet opus 18 no 2 in G performed by the Vermeer Quartet
6. “Mir ist so wunderbar” from Leonore opus 72
Pamela Coburn, Leonore; Victor von Halem, Rocco;
Christine Neithardt-Barbaux, Marzelline; Benedikt Kobel, Jaquino;
Orchester der Beethovenhalle led by Marc Soustrot.
7. Part from the choral fantasy in C opus 80
Emanuel Ax-piano; New York Choral Society; New York Philharmonic led by Zubin Mehta.
8. Part from the Diabelli variations in C opus 120