Long Live Beethoven!
In today’s episode: Beethoven’s works for choir and orchestra part a: opus 80, opus 112 and WoO 88, 105 and 122.
- Fantasie Schmeichelnd hold = “Choral Fantasy” (Fantasy in C for piano, choir and orchestra) opus 80
Yefim Bronfman, piano. Swiss Chamber Choir. Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich led by David Zinman.
- Cantata on the Accession of Emperor Leopold II.
Karl Anton Rickenbacher, Radio Berlin choir and orchestra, Bodil Arnesen (soprano), Markus Schõfer (tenor), Alan Itus (bass)
- Kriegslied der Österreicher (Austrian War Song), WoO 122
Florian Prey, baritone; Norbert Groh, piano.
- Meerstille und glückliche Fahrt (Calm Sea and Prosperous Voyage), in D, opus 112.
Swiss Chamber Choir. Tonhalle Orchestra Zurich led by David Zinman.
- Hochzeitslied (Wedding Song), WoO 105
Heike Heilmann, Anne Bierwirth, Daniel Johannsen, Manfred Bittner, Elisabeth Grünert
In 2020 it will be 250 years since Ludwig van Beethoven was born. The Concertzender will tackle this with the ambitious plan to broadcast all of his works at least once during the year. Every week from Monday to Friday between 10 am and 11 am, Beethoven takes centre stage!Produced by: