Master pianist Geoffrey Madge and Concertzender’s Louis Thörig share views on remarkable musicians past and present.
In today’s episode you can listen to Schuberts’ last piano sonatas: Sonata in A D 959.
1. Comparison theme, first part: choices of Rudolf Serkin/Radu Lupu/Artur Schnabel/Valery Afanassiev/Lily Kraus (live)/ Barry Douglas.
2. Beginning, second part: choices of Imogen Cooper/Lily Kraus/Wilhelm Kempff.
3. Scherzo, third part: choices of Wilhelm Kempff / Lily Kraus /Jorge Bolet/Imogen Cooper/Rudolf Serkin.
4. Fourth part played by Murray Perahia/Lily Kraus/Rudolf Serkin.
5. Franz Schubert – Piano Sonata in A, D 959.
Arcadi Volodos, piano.Produced & presented by: