“Mariama”, a programme with African music. Mbilia Bel, the queen of Congolese music.
There are few artists that are recognizable almost immediately in Africa, if only for a little while. Mbilia Bel was someone like that. She still sings and makes CD’s, but it never gets that beautiful as 25 years ago. In the meanwhile we gratefully make use of the release of a double CD with her best work, to return once more to the feast days in Kinshasa and far away.
Bel Canto (2007) Mbilia Bel, Stern’s STCD3037-38
1. Nakeyi Nairobi (Tabu Ley Rocherau)
2. Mpeye ya Longo – (Tabu Ley Rochereau)
3. Eswi yo Wapi – (Tabu Ley Rochereau/Mbilia Bel)
4. Faux Pas (Tabu Ley Rochereau)
5. Beyanga (Tabu Ley Rochereau)
6. Contre Ma Volonté (Tabu Ley Rochereau/Mbilia Bel)