Classical Arabic music in maqām Nahawand.
This program features traditional Arabic music in maqàm Nahawand (Turkish Nihavent). You can listen to previous episodes dedicated to Arabic (Especially Egyptian) interpretations of classical Middle Eastern musical modes (maqam’s) by clicking here, here and here . Nahawand is one of the main 7 (or 8) musical modes in Middle Eastern arabic tradition and is popular in both classic and lighter pop music. Find some musical info about it here in maqamworld website.
Playlist and info :
- Sama’i Nahawand Mesud Jemil – Simon Shaheen (Tanburi Mesud Jemil) Turath – CMP Records CD 1992
- Mounyati Azza Stibari (Muwashshah) – Beirut Oriental Ensemble (Sayed Darwish) – En Chordais CD 2006
- Kadni El-hawa (dor) – Ibrahim Elhaggar
(Mohamed Othman) – Unesco Festival Germany 1972 – Audivis CD
- Taqaseem nahawand (Ud) – Riad Al Sunbati
(Riad Al Sunbati) – Taqaseem – Sonocaire (1970’s)
- Sama’i Nahawand Rawhi Elkhammash – Twais
(Rawhi El-Khammash) – Forward music Lebanon CD 2008
- In aash Fouadak (dor) – Saleh Abdel Hai Dawood Hosni – Randaphone Cairo tape (1950’s)
- Taqaseem Nahawand (Violin) – Sami El-Shawwa
(Sami El-Shawwa) – Baidafoon 78rpm LP 1931
- Lamma bada yatathanna (Muwashshah) – Nadra Amin (Trad.) Nadrah Amin – Egypt (1950’s)