Audiosphere Sound Experimentation 1980 – 2020. Part 3.
Sound exhibition excerpts @ Museo Nacional Centro De Arte Reina Sofia; Madrid; Spain.
Curator, production and realisation by Francisco López.
Head of exhibition: Teresa Velázquez.
Exhibition coordination by Rafael García and Natalia Guaza.
“ Audiosphere synthesizes the wide territory of the huge, delocalized, underground, and multiform universe of social experimental audio.”
By way of a selection of hundreds of sound works, Audiosphere. Sound Experimentation 1980-2020 looks to cover an historical and cultural void in terms of the recognition, exhibition and analysis of a key part of the recent changes that have taken place in the artistic conception of sound creation.
Conceived from a social perspective, and with the aim of revealing and providing context to reflect upon and discuss the techno-cultural changes that have occurred since the 1980’s, the exhibition will present the work of a broad number of experimental sound artists, hailing from all over the world, the majority unknown to the contemporary art spectator.
Audiosphere thus seeks to constitute a non-conceptual, large-scale contemporary art exhibition with no images or objects, underpinned solely by sound works and an exhibition design that facilitates experiential, profound and prolonged listening.
01. Yui Onodera. Japan. Entropy #5, 2005, 4:38.
02. Yota Morimoto. Japan. Mono1, 2016, 2:00.
03. Yolanda Uriz Elizalde. Spain. 110Hz_bb, 2018, 4:37.
04. Yiorgis Sakellariou. Greece/Lithuania. Diapsalmata No5, [fragment], 2018, 4:23.
05. Yifeat Ziv. Israel. VOC:COMP Fantasies #3 / Za-zA, 2019, 2:52.
06. Yannis Kyriakides. Cyprus/Netherlands/UK. One Million Voices, 2019, 6:00.
07. Yann Pillas. France. Requiem pour un Hipster, 2018, 6:00.
08. Yann Novak. US. Scalar Field (orange, pink, orange) [fragment], 2016, 5:59.
09. Yan Jun & Yuen Chee Wai. China/Singapore. Crows That Have No Eyes [fragment], 2017, 4:50.
10. Xoán-Xil López. Spain. Ortegal [fragment], 2015, 4:33.
11. Xiu Xiu (Jamie Stewart). US. Scisssssssors, 2019, 4:24.
12. XGUIX. Spain. R de ragudo, 2015, 3:55.
13. Xavier Charles. France. Impédance_ clarinet_déluge [fragment], 2017, 6:00.
14. MASONNA. Japan. Hyper Chaotic Chapter 1, 1996, 0:48.