Women composers: classical, jazz and contemporary. Producer and host: Patricia Werner Leanse.
1. Elizabeth Maconchy (UK, 1907-1994). Have you seen but a bright lily grow (1929), art song.
2. Judith Weir (UK, 1954). Several Concertos (1980), for violoncello; for pianoforte & for piccolo (Trio Marysas).
3. Elizabeth Vercoe (Washington, D.C., 1941) [see photo]. From her new cd Butterfly Effects and other works: This is my letter to the World (2001), for voice, flute and piano.
4. Petra Stump-Linshalm (Austria, 1975). Wändelesen (2017), for alto flute, bass clarinet and violoncello.
5. Lucia Ronchetti (Italy, 1963). Helicopters and butterflies (2012), solo for an operatic percussionist.
Produced & presented by: