Audiosphere Sound Experimentation 1980 – 2020. Part 5.
Sound exhibition excerpts @ Museo Nacional Centro De Arte Reina Sofia; Madrid; Spain.
Curator, production and realisation by Francisco López.
Head of exhibition: Teresa Velázquez.
Exhibition coordination by Rafael García and Natalia Guaza.
“ Audiosphere synthesizes the wide territory of the huge, delocalized, underground, and multiform universe of social experimental audio.”
By way of a selection of hundreds of sound works, Audiosphere. Sound Experimentation 1980-2020 looks to cover an historical and cultural void in terms of the recognition, exhibition and analysis of a key part of the recent changes that have taken place in the artistic conception of sound creation.
Conceived from a social perspective, and with the aim of revealing and providing context to reflect upon and discuss the techno-cultural changes that have occurred since the 1980’s, the exhibition will present the work of a broad number of experimental sound artists, hailing from all over the world, the majority unknown to the contemporary art spectator.
Audiosphere thus seeks to constitute a non-conceptual, large-scale contemporary art exhibition with no images or objects, underpinned solely by sound works and an exhibition design that facilitates experiential, profound and prolonged listening.
01. AMK (Anthony M. King). Approach/Arrive 11-5-94 [fragment]. 4:15.
02. André van Rensburg. Scopophilia_1 [fragment]. 4:47.
03. Andrea Pensado. On Innocence. 4:51.
04. Andrea Vogrig. field. 5:06.
05. Angst Hase Pfeffer Nase (Chris Cooper). Slugwater [fragment]. 4:18.
06. Anla Courtis. Asma De Tia De Alga [fragment]. 6:02.
07. Anne Gillis. MONETACHEK (Koovilable/Noscyése). 4:52.
08. Anne Wellmer. Der Pfeifengarten. 3:01.
09. Anonymous Entry (Janaka Ambalampitiya). Samparâ. 3:03.
10. Antenes. Metra Train, Chicago, 1000x [fragment]. 5:57.
11. Anthea Caddy & Thembi Soddell. A Shut in Place [fragment]. 6:39.
12. Antimatter (Xopher Davidson). Perceptual Encoder. 5:15.
13. Architects Office (Joel Haertling). AO 277. 1:27.