Audiosphere Sound Experimentation 1980 – 2020. Part 21.
Sound exhibition excerpts @ Museo Nacional Centro De Arte Reina Sofia; Madrid; Spain.
Curator, production and realisation by Francisco López.
Head of exhibition: Teresa Velázquez.
Exhibition coordination by Rafael García and Natalia Guaza.
“ Audiosphere synthesizes the wide territory of the huge, delocalized, underground, and multiform universe of social experimental audio.”
By way of a selection of hundreds of sound works, Audiosphere. Sound Experimentation 1980-2020 looks to cover an historical and cultural void in terms of the recognition, exhibition and analysis of a key part of the recent changes that have taken place in the artistic conception of sound creation.
Conceived from a social perspective, and with the aim of revealing and providing context to reflect upon and discuss the techno-cultural changes that have occurred since the 1980’s, the exhibition will present the work of a broad number of experimental sound artists, hailing from all over the world, the majority unknown to the contemporary art spectator.
Audiosphere thus seeks to constitute a non-conceptual, large-scale contemporary art exhibition with no images or objects, underpinned solely by sound works and an exhibition design that facilitates experiential, profound and prolonged listening.
01. Fred Frith. Gaga-Kun. 1:52.
02. Free Piece of Tape (Efthimis Theodosis & Giorgos Axiotis). Attach The K. [fragment]. 5:27.
03. Fujui Wang. @696 live, sh2014.08.22 [fragment]. 5:03.
04. G*Park (Marc Zeier). Geopod (one). 4:19.
05. Gabriela Gordillo & Fernando Vigueras. Desfase [fragment]. 05:13.
06. Games Addiction (Darío Moratilla). Ergot [fragment]. 5:59.
07. Ganzha (Vadim Ehrlich). Keep Yr Brain Clean!. 5:27.
08. Gazelle Twin (Elizabeth Bernholz). Exorcise. 4:19 .
09. Gen Ken Montgomery. Ice Breaker [fragment]. 5:49 .
10. Geoff Dugan. Surface Tension [fragment]. 5:11.
11. George Lewis (+The League of Electronic Musical Urban Robots by Eric Singer). Performance With The League of Electronic Musical Urban Robots [fragment]. 5:19.
12. George Moraitis. Topology. 5:37.