Audiosphere Sound Experimentation 1980 – 2020. Part 22.
Sound exhibition excerpts @ Museo Nacional Centro De Arte Reina Sofia; Madrid; Spain.
Curator, production and realisation by Francisco López.
Head of exhibition: Teresa Velázquez.
Exhibition coordination by Rafael García and Natalia Guaza.
“ Audiosphere synthesizes the wide territory of the huge, delocalized, underground, and multiform universe of social experimental audio.”
By way of a selection of hundreds of sound works, Audiosphere. Sound Experimentation 1980-2020 looks to cover an historical and cultural void in terms of the recognition, exhibition and analysis of a key part of the recent changes that have taken place in the artistic conception of sound creation.
Conceived from a social perspective, and with the aim of revealing and providing context to reflect upon and discuss the techno-cultural changes that have occurred since the 1980’s, the exhibition will present the work of a broad number of experimental sound artists, hailing from all over the world, the majority unknown to the contemporary art spectator.
Audiosphere thus seeks to constitute a non-conceptual, large-scale contemporary art exhibition with no images or objects, underpinned solely by sound works and an exhibition design that facilitates experiential, profound and prolonged listening.
01. George Vlad. Morning at the pond. 5:21.
02. Gert-Jan Prins. BFY90. 5:46.
03. Giancarlo Toniutti. N’ungun’ngesel (all six). 3:33.
04. Gil Kuno. Slinky Piece. 2:43.
05. Gil Sansón. El gris en nuestras vidas 2 [fragment]. 5:41.
06. Gilberto Esparza. di di di (dispositivo de distorsión digital). 2:24.
07. Gilles Aubry. Echoes Of Light & Darkness [fragment]. 5:02.
08. Gintas K. Pointless. 4:30.
09. Godafoss (Carlos Suero). Drone Noise Statement One [fragment]. 4:31.
10. Gregory Kramer. That Train Has Already/ Will Never Arrive. 5:00.
11. Gravespit (Brian Manley, Nicole Heather Rozsa, Margaret Ella Claycomb, Chris Leidner). Blue Roses. 5:37.
12. Grisha Shakhnes. A Man Asleep [fragment]. 6:37.
13. Iddo Aharony. ……. .and later, without a sound [fragment]. 5:27.