Russia in the 19th Century
A hundred years of Russian music, this time with works by Glinka, Balakirev and Borodin.
1. Dmitri Bortniansky. Concert for choir over psalm 46.
Joyful Company of Singers from St Petersburg.
2. A.S. Dargomievsky. Ouverture until the opera “Rusalka”.
Slovakian Philharmonic Orchestra led by Vladimir Verbitzky.
3. Mily Balakierev. Piano concert no 1 in F sharp kl.t.
Howard Shelley. The BBC Philharmonic led by Vassily Sinaisky.
4. Mily Balakierev. Symphonic poem “Russia”.
The Philharmonia Orchestra led by Jevgeny Svetlanov.
5. Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov. Ouverture “Russian Easter”.
Orchester der Wiener Staatsoper led by Mario Rossi.
6. Nicolai Rimsky-Korsakov. Symphonic suite “Sheherazade”.
The Royal Scottish National Orchestra led by Neeme Järvi.