The Wandering Microphone
Folk music from the former Yugoslavia, part 1 (of 2).
Folk music from the various countries of Yugoslavia. Firstly, music from the southern region. The music comes from a few EP records which do not include commentary.
1. From Eastern Macedonia four songs sung by Dimitar Uzanski with the folk music instrumental ensemble of Pece Atanasovski.
EP: Jugoton EPY-44704.
2. Singer Mirvet Belovska in some four songs, accompanied on instruments by een viertal liedjes die instrumentaal worden begeleid door het Ensemble Calgija from Skopje.
EP: RT|B 12750.
3. From Macedonia, four folk dances played by two zurnas and dansen gespeeld door twee zoernas en tapan by the Trio Majovci.
EP: Jugoton EPY-4323.
4. Songs from Dragash, in the west of Macedonia. Sung by Smaïli Vebija and the Ensemble Dobrivoja Baskica.
EP: RTB EP 16259.
5. Recordings of the Albanian population, who can be found in large parts of Eastern Macedonia, by the Ensemble Qamili i vogël from Dzjakovietsa.
EP Jugoton EPY-4212.
6. Gypsy songs from the south of Kosovo, sung by Demirova Rasimova Mika accompanied by instrumentalists of the Ensemble Makedonski Kaval.
EP RTB EP 16273.