The Last Century
Music composed in 1922 in Germany and Austria
In this programme, you will be listening to music which was composed exactly one century ago. Today, they are piano works by the Austrians Ernst Krenek and Hans Gál, as well as two vocal pieces by the German Paul Hindemith.
- Ernst Krenek: Suite for piano, Op. 13a ‘Small Suite’. Geoffrey Douglas Madge, piano
- Hans Gál: Suite for piano, Op. 24. Leon McCawley, piano
- Paul Hindemith: Des Todes Tod, Op. 23a. Cornelia Kallisch, mezzo-soprano. Ensemble Villa Musica
- Paul Hindemith: Die junge Magd, Op. 23b. Cornelia Kallisch, mezzo-soprano. Ensemble Villa Musica
- Paul Hindemith: Foxtrott, Tanz der Holzpuppen from Tuttifäntchen. Gottlieb Wallisch, piano