Music for Leisure
Dutch Vocal Ensemble TIEN is an enthusiastic and ambitious A Capella Ensemble, counting 14 singers today. The vocalists have been well trained on their singing techniques.
TIEN was founded in the mid-1990s and perform per programme with a different conductor. As a result, other aspects of ensemble singing are constantly being discussed. For today they are working with the Latvian conductor Krista Audere. In 2016 she obtained her master’s degree in choir conducting cum laude from the Conservatory of Amsterdam with Jos Vermunt. Nowadays she is the permanent conductor of the VU Chamber Choir in Amsterdam, the Venus Chamber Choir in Utrecht and the Wageningen Student Choir and Orchestra Association.
In the spring of 2018 she worked with Vocaal Ensemble Tien on the In Faraway Meadows project, which featured a great deal of Latvian music by composers who were often unknown to us.
1. Rihards Dubra (1964) – Ave Maria (1989)
2. Einojuhani Rautavaara (1928-2016) – Credo (1972)
3. Lajos Bardos (1899-1986) – Libera me
4. Petr Eben (1929-2007) – De Angelis
5. Dmitri Bortniansky (1751-1825)- Concerto nr 32 (nr 100) Skazhi mi, Gospodi, konchinu moyu
6. Janis Kalnins (1904-2000) – When Jesus came to Birmingham (1966)
7. Vytautas Miskinis (1954) – Cantate Domino (1997)
8. Janis Ivanovs (1906-1983) – Rudens dziesma
9. Peteris Vasks (1946) – Milas dziesms, Love songs (2013)
10. Helmers Pavasars (1903-1998) – Lullaby
11. Arturs Maskats (1957) – Lugums Naktij
12. Georgy Sviridov (1915-1998) – Puskin’s Garland: Mary, Winter morning
Vocaal Ensemble TIEN led by Krista Audere
Concertzender recordings: Waalse kerk Amsterdam 24-6-18 techn. Dirk WinkelProduced by: