Bach CD nominations
This week in Bach ad Infinitum we're nominating 13 outstanding new Bach CD's published this year. Which is your favourite Bach CD? Send in your own Top 5, so we can select the Bach Top 5 of 2015 !
From Monday 14th December to Frijday 25th December in Bach ad Infinitum we're playing (13.00-14.00 ) 13 CD's of Bach's music published in 2015 : cello suites, violin and flute sonatas, motets, organ works and the Goldberg Variations by top musicians such as Jean Rondeau, Andreas Staier, Vox Luminis, John Butt, Alexandre Tharaud, Masaaki Suzuki .
You can take part by selecting your own Top 5 from the nominated cd's. There will be a lottery for a fine Bach cd for those who successfully predict the Top 5..
We'll publish the result in the week of 28 December on our site and via Facebook .
Send your Top 5 to: firstname.lastname@example.org (by 27th December 2015)
- J.S. Bach Sonates & Solo pour la flûte traversière – François Lazarevitch, Les Musiciens de Saint-Julien | ALPHA (Afl. 238)
- J.S. Bach Motets – Capella Cracoviensis conducted by. Fabio Bonizzoni | ALPHA (Afl. 260)
- Bach The Six Cello Suites – Viola de Hoog | VIVAT (Afl. 239)
- Bach Imagine – Jean Rondeau | ERATO (Afl. 297)
- Bach-Blaha-Bartok Violin – Mathieu van Bellen | ZEFIR (Afl. 233)
- Johann Sebastian Bach Musical Offering BWV 1079 – Il Gardellino | Passacaille (Afl. 305)
- J.S. Bach Sonatas for Violin and Harpsichord – Lucy Russell, John Butt | LINN (Afl. 304)
- J. Michael Bach, J. Christoph Bach: Motetten – Vox Luminis | Ricercar (Afl. 282)
- Masaaki Suzuki plays Bach Organ Works | BIS (Afl. 319)
- Bach Cello Suites 1 – Joachim Eijlander | NAVIS (Afl. 278)
- Bach Magnificat Christmas Cantata 63 – Dunedin Consort conducted by John Butt | LINN (Afl. 320)
- Harpsichord Concertos – Andreas Staier, Freiburger Barockorchester | HMC (Afl. 303)
Bach Goldberg Variations – Alexandre Tharaud | ERATO (Afl. 327 en 329)