The Sound of Movies
Episode 175 in the series Jazz in the movies: James Van Heusen (4).
- Thema ‘Heaven Can Wait’ (1939).
Nelson Riddle and orchestra.
- Thema ‘Darn That Dream’ (1939).
Clifford Brown, trumpet. The Max Roach Quintet.
- ’Shake Down the Stars’ (1940).
Frank Sinatra and the Tommy Dorsey orchestra.
- ’Swinging on a Star’ from Going My Way (1944).
J. Lawrence Cook, piano.
- Thema ‘Here’s that Rainy Day’ (1953).
Twenty one trombones led by Enoch Light.
- ‘Pocketful of Miracles’ from the movie Pocketful of Miracles (1961).
- ‘Night of the Quarter Moon’ from Night of the Quarter Moon (1959).
Nat ‘King’ Cole and orchestra led by Nelson Riddle.
- ‘High Hopes’, from A Hole in the Head (1959).
Doris Day, featuring Jimmy Joyce and His Children’s Chorus led by Allyn Ferguson.
- ‘It’s a Darn Good Thing’ from My Six Loves (1963).
Studio Orchestra led by Peter Nero.
- Two songs from ‘Thoroughly Modern Millie’ (1967).
Julie Andrews and a studio orchestra led by Andre Previn.
- ’Star!’ from the musical Star! (1968).
Julie Andrews and a studi orchestra led by Lennie Hayton.
- Say One For Me (1959).
Rex Allen, Roberta Shore and Tony Paris accompanied by a studio orchesta led by Tutti Camarata.